More about monuments and heritage → Monuments of Montferrand-duPerigord
Montferrand-du-Périgord is a small village which has preserved its Périgord authenticity. It’s located on the southern edge of the departmental road 26, between Beaumont-du-Périgord and Belvès, at equal distance from Bergerac, Sarlat and Villefranche-du-Périgord. The village is on the path of the GR36 hiking trail between Belvès and Monpazier.
The town has four monuments listed in the inventory of historical monuments:
Covered market, 16th century
16th century houses
Saint-Christophe old church , 11th century
Montferrand’s Castle, 12th century (private property)
We can also mention:The castle of Regagnac 16th and 17th centuries (private property)
The new parish church built in 1849 in the town center, there are several objects listed in the general inventory of cultural heritage, especially stained glass (first half of the 20th century) and the altar garnish (second half of the 19th century)“Renaissance” houses and a “Charterhouse“
Since 19th century, Montferrand-du-Périgord has a tradition of commerce and artisans higher to what population represents. Today, the economy is based on:
Tourism: a hotel-restaurant, guest tables and holiday cottage
Agriculture and forest’s exploitation
Crafts and commerce.
In summer, you can relax, have a drink and get information about the village at the municipal library run by volunteers.